Kingston Upon Thames

This year I am embarking on a grand adventure across the pond. I am venturing to Kingston Upon Thames, UK to study at Kingston University. I will be going for my MA in Journalism; which will only take a year to achieve! I will be done next September, and hopefully if all goes right I will be able to just stay there and work; and lets not forget... Live! I'm so excited, that I want to share my experiences with you all!!! So, lets start from the beginning:

Monday, September 24, 2012

Final Destination: Kingston upon Thames, UK

Since I've arrived so much has happened; here's a quick sum-up:
My mother and I upon arrival stayed at a rather sketchy hotel and were soon relinquished of it the next morning (it only took us 10 minutes to figure out how to turn on the lights).
That morning we were finally taken to my apartment, and by a van this time instead of a small car (try fitting five 50 lb. suit cases and four 35 lb. bags into a small car; it's insane). On the downside, it took us forever to find my building.
However, once settled in we became aquatinted with the area, though getting lost once or twice.
During one of our off days we decided to walk to the Hampton Court, and it was amazing; but after the walk back we calculated that we had roughly walked 10 plus miles that day. We were exhausted.
After that endeavor we decided to plan out other adventures, but alas, my mother's subconscious decided to take another tumble and she tripped over a cobble stone, thus twisting her ankle; after that we slowed down a bit.
But that did not detour us too much, because just days later we inadvertently walked to Hampton Court again, but this time on the other side of the river; we're just lucky we found our way through the towns, because the side of the river we previously walked was a straight shot, and this was not.
My mother and I had a great time together going on adventures, trying new food and discovering wonderful pastries.
Our time in the UK ended on Sept. 20, but will pick back up again next year around the same time and will not just include her but the whole family.
Can't wait.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment