Kingston Upon Thames

This year I am embarking on a grand adventure across the pond. I am venturing to Kingston Upon Thames, UK to study at Kingston University. I will be going for my MA in Journalism; which will only take a year to achieve! I will be done next September, and hopefully if all goes right I will be able to just stay there and work; and lets not forget... Live! I'm so excited, that I want to share my experiences with you all!!! So, lets start from the beginning:

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sum-up

Hello!
So much has happened since my first post just a few weeks ago; here's a quick rundown of all that has happened.
The day of departure was hectic; we did last minute errands and spent time with Analeigh (my niece). We all said our goodbyes, and the house was left a mess (my bad).
When we arrived at the airport, all I can say is that it was comical seeing us handle five 50lb. bags and four 35lb. bags; it was insane!
Not to mention when we got to our hostel we still had to wait two hours and lug our luggage up the stairs to the main building, then two hours later lug them back down and to the next building, up the stairs and then back down at the end of our stay (sorry mother).
We really enjoyed Iceland a lot, very relaxing. We strolled the streets, rode horses and explored the blue lagoon; which in itself was amazing! (details will be in another post)
As for the UK, all I can say is that I am fitting in very well in every aspect. We've walked about a million miles in a couple days and have experienced quite a few laughs.
My place is very small and it's loud outside, but I don't care.
As for my flatmates, so far so good, and everyone is really nice (except when you go to the city (London) hahaha). I promise I will keep my cool and be nice.
Again, more will be in another blog.
Well, I'm off to search for my books, go to dinner with some new friends and then attend a faculty reception.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment