Kingston Upon Thames

This year I am embarking on a grand adventure across the pond. I am venturing to Kingston Upon Thames, UK to study at Kingston University. I will be going for my MA in Journalism; which will only take a year to achieve! I will be done next September, and hopefully if all goes right I will be able to just stay there and work; and lets not forget... Live! I'm so excited, that I want to share my experiences with you all!!! So, lets start from the beginning:

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Departure

I depart in 17 hours and counting! These last few days have been insane! I am excited, nervous and stressed -- and yes that warrants a couple more exclamation points!!!
Packing is nearly done, but alas, things must be left behind (and brought over later). Even while doing that I have four large suit cases that are 50 lb. each, a large backpack that is 50 lb., two carry-on backpacks that are 23 lb. and finally two large purses (sneaky weight we like to call it); not to mention we have crazy awesome coats that fit a ton!
Oh and the woes that have happened in the knick of time for the trip:
my computer broke, thus I had to get a new computer [it was for the best though].
All is great in the long run. My mother is joining me till the 20. We depart first to Iceland and plan on staying for three days. While there we will be going on a two-hour horse back ride to natural hot springs, then we have a two-hour trip back through the volcanic rock and return to a wonderful massage. It's going to be amazing!
Then we leave for Kingston upon Thames on the 11!
Whilst there, I'll give another update, because, as one can see... this is just the beginning!
Cherrio!!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you Amber!!! Looking forward to following you through this journey!!!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete