Kingston Upon Thames

This year I am embarking on a grand adventure across the pond. I am venturing to Kingston Upon Thames, UK to study at Kingston University. I will be going for my MA in Journalism; which will only take a year to achieve! I will be done next September, and hopefully if all goes right I will be able to just stay there and work; and lets not forget... Live! I'm so excited, that I want to share my experiences with you all!!! So, lets start from the beginning:

Friday, September 21, 2012

Iceland

We first arrived in Iceland on the morning of the eighth of September, and it was amazing; amazingly scarce.
There was nothing, no trees, hardly any people, there was just a lot of volcanic rocks and random stacks of rocks; it was quite bizarre. But I soon found out that Iceland was a vacation not for hecticness but for total relaxation.
The island is so peaceful. There was hardly noise, except for at night because people there really do know how to party; but you could just walk around where ever and just enjoy the atmosphere.
While there we went horseback riding on the Icelandic horses, which have not been interbred for years-upon-years.
They weren't too tall, but even with that my mother still needed help getting on Raven her horse. While mine, Mani (Moon), was very stubborn; they even had to give me a whip to just get him to keep up. But don't worry I did not use it.
We eventually stopped and took a break and the guides said several times loudly to take both feet out of the stirrups before dismounting; my mother was not paying attention.
She left foot in, and next thing you know she fell off the horse... but had a soft landing in luckily not a really fresh pile of horse dung, but fresh enough.
But after our ride things were "looking-up" so to speak.
We went to the Blue Lagoon, a natural volcanic hot spring that was "to die for".
It was warm, there wan silica mud to exfoliate in and we had the most amazing massage.
First we laid on a wooden raised lounge in the water where the masouse exfoliated our bodies with the silica mud and then took us out into the water on floating mats where they then massaged us in the water, all the while covering us in blankets that were frequently dunked in the warm waters of the lagoon; we highly recommend you to experience the blue lagoon.
As for the next day it was very blustery, but we dared to go out, desp

No comments:

Post a Comment