Kingston Upon Thames

This year I am embarking on a grand adventure across the pond. I am venturing to Kingston Upon Thames, UK to study at Kingston University. I will be going for my MA in Journalism; which will only take a year to achieve! I will be done next September, and hopefully if all goes right I will be able to just stay there and work; and lets not forget... Live! I'm so excited, that I want to share my experiences with you all!!! So, lets start from the beginning:

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Confusion over stories of April Jones: Missing girl : /

I can't be the only one confused about the story of April Jones, the little girl who went missing Monday and has yet to be found.
Jones went missing Monday evening near her home in the Welsh market town of Machynlleth and was allegedly seen getting into an unknown vehicle.
Since then Mark Bridger, who has two children who attend the same school as April, has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and murder of April.
Now, here's my problem:
I have been looking at several articles to try and verify what is going on and am getting no where.
Nowhere in the articles does it say they have found the girl dead or what evidence they have that Bridger did what they accuse him of doing.
How can the police say that Bridger kidnapped and murdered the little girl without hard evidence? How can they say 'murdered' when there is no body or confession? How can the family throw a service in memory of their daughter when she has yet to be found and has only been missing for a week?
Or is the information out there and no journalist is reporting accurately? Do I need to go to a hearing myself in order to the get facts that I have yet to receive from the media that I am to rely on?
If anybody finds out before I do, please let me know; because obviously I either am not understanding the story or the UK reports way differently than the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment